Thursday, October 22, 2009

So, we meet again. Hey guys, what do you think of our ski picture? This is from our trip to NY last Feb. For all of you Narnia fans out there, this was as close as it gets to Lucy's first visit:) Anyway, you might be getting irritated with the "wintery" feel of these last two posts, but let me explain. I just finished practicing my Christmas music on my guitar. It can get a little frustrating because I really want to learn some cool arrangements this year. Needless to say, I'm no Mac Powell, or SCC, or even some one-album artist; so when it comes to arranging music pieces I don't have much [or any] experience. Nevertheless, I've been intently studying some of my favorite C.d.s, and I hope to come up with at least a few pretty neat things by December. But hey, it's also fun and good practice. So that's the roundabout reason that I have Winter and Christmas on my mind. And that led me to pick this little photo to show you all. [Yeah, that's how my brain works sometimes:) Alrighty, today we went over to the Tate's in the morning and "processed" our chickens. [appearantly process is a very versatile word, because I've been through several different kinds of processes in my life and I'm still alive and well. Unlike the chickens.] After that we had planned to do lawns, but looking at the today and tomorrow, we decided that we'd stay around the house and do equipment repairs and truck work.[That's the other side of a landscape business]. Hey! Lots of thanks to Oliver! He left me this tip about the timezone thing for the blog posts. [He left it as a comment on two posts back]. Anyways, no I hadn't found that out yet, but as soon as I heard I fixed it up. Thanks again! So now if I do one of my late-night postings I can't hide it by 3 hours:) Anyways, that's most of what I've got for now. Oh! One more thing actually. On Saturday it looks like I get to go with the Wrights to a Tim Hawkins concert! He's a really funny guy! Okay, that's it. See yous guys later!

7 comments:

  1. I've been practicing (somewhat) some Christmas songs on my guitar too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, have you noticed that your the only one in
    the world who says in your profile that you're interested in Ken Cuccinelli?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooohhh! Oliver, is that supposed to be a compliment or a threat? I like Cuccinelli as does Daniel. What about you?
    -Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ken Cuccinelli!!!!!!!!!!!!!! now he is not ;-)
    Ken is like the best state senator in VA!!!!! WOOT!!!
    p.s. little stuff like this is fun but usually it is caried out in email but now i can commit!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We LOVE Tim Hawkins! Have you ever seen him do the song, Fire ants? He also has one called, The Homeschool Family. We don't know if he was trying to make fun of us who homeschool or not though! :) - Kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved singing Christmas songs with you and the girls on Sunday. I thought you did a great job playing them. Tim Hawkins is hilarious! I'm glad you were able to go.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, by the way, why is it called "Processing"?

    ReplyDelete

Hey, thanks for checking out the comments! Feel free to leave one of your own, and I hope you've enjoyed the post! :)