Saturday, September 19, 2009

Our County Fair

Howdy ya'll! Ah jest got back from th' rodeo! Ah dun took ma' cuzin Matthew over there seein' as he didn't git ta come any of the other days. Them cowboys was a'ridin and a'fallin and a'gittin trampled all up! Hey guys, there's my country/western accent for you. So here's the deal, our fair started on Thursday night, and is going to run through tomorrow [Sunday] night. I've been there every night so far, and pretty much all day today. The younger kids have chickens in the 4H and if I didn't already mention it, Benjy got a blue ribbon and the rest of the kids combined got 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, and 6th. That was pretty surprising to us as it was kind of a last minute thing. There is a pretty good midway that Rachel, Sarah, and I used our wrist bands on. [The business had bought us each a wrist band for unlimited rides:) I actually got Grandma June to go on the Ferris Wheel with me! Mom and Leah and Benjamin did too. We checked out the craft tent at the girls request, and I had a beef tenderloin sandwich from the Ruritan club booth. That was really good for my inner carnivore. The Walkers came over this evening with some friends from out of town, and as I said before, the girls and I took Matthew over to see the bull riding. We hadn't really ever seen it before, and it was kind of nerve wracking. I was like, "If the bull already broke your ankle before you even got out of the gate, what makes you think it's going to get better from there? Why don't you go work at Dairy Queen or something?". Needless to say, I don't want to be a bull rider. Maybe sheep or something. Or Alpacas. Have you ever seen alpaca riding? If you have, leave me a comment and I'll come with my chapsticks or whatever you call them;) Hey! I got some Cuccinelli yard signs and his new bumper sticker! I didn't stay 'til closing time tonight because Matthew had to get back and I had to get ready for church tomorrow. [ It's at the Wilson's] Tomorrow I'll probably take the kids to pick up their chickens and I really want to see if the karaoke guy has some Veggie Tales song on his computer! If he does, I'll try to get Sarah and maybe Rachel to join me on the stage for the cheeseburger song or something else by Mr. Lunt. [I love Mr. Lunt's songs:) For the record though, I couldn't bring myself to stay very close to the karaoke the other night. [picture hip-hoppers trying to remember the words to "We Will, We Will Rock You". I mean, there's like six words to the song! How hard is that to remember? But nevertheless, they still were trying to get it out. Run far away. Okay, that's about it. Hope you all are having a good weekend and I hope to see you all soon! Feel free to leave comments by the way. [I love comments and free lunches]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey, thanks for checking out the comments! Feel free to leave one of your own, and I hope you've enjoyed the post! :)